Monday, May 5, 2008

Le deuxième jour


The joint is a lonely place after the screw calls lights out. I'm a hard guy, but nobody is hard enough to deal with the shutdown of the easy josh between cons that comes down like a ton of bricks with the mournful shut the fuck up maggots call of the guard on his last rounds.

I didn't ask for this. Sure, I took a couple large in kickbacks fron Neuhaus for illegal stock sales. Who wouldn't?

And there were a few frails that the Babs didn't know about. But so what? A guy's a guy, right? And Cloud Nine takes the company AMEX.

So here I am, without even a Floyd Norris column to read, and nothing to look at but the rock-hard, chisled body of my suite-mate tyrone as he snores in his peaceful sleep. There must be some way to speed the passage of the hours.

That silly twit Babs must have forgotten to pay the telephone bill. When I finally got my turn at the telephone, I got a recording that this number has been disconnected. Broads. Can't live with em; can't live without em.

Maybe I'll wake Tyrone up and see if he wants to whisper...

No comments: